1. CALL TO ORDER
Board Chairperson, Dr. Dennis Anholt, called the Meeting to order at 7:40 pm.
2. CONFIRMATION OF QUORUM
The minimum 10 member quorum was met.
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
MOTION (M/S Carol Martin/Mary-Clare Carder) that the Agenda for the Meeting be approved as circulated. CARRIED.
4. 2015 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
As authorized by resolution at the 2015 Annual General Meeting, the minutes of that meeting were approved by the board of directors. A copy of those approved minutes was circulated to the members with the notice of the 2016 Annual General Meeting.
5. CHAIRPERSON’S REPORT – Dr. Dennis Anholt
– A written report from the Chairperson entitled “President’s Report” was circulated to the members with the notice of this meeting. Dennis highlighted items from the report including the following:
• Thanks were expressed to all in attendance, as well as staff, volunteers, board members, Eclipse Creative for promotional work, and the HeroWork program for the renovation of Forrest House. Particular thanks were expressed to departing board members, Pieta VanDyke and David Lefsrud, for their hard work and contributions to the Society. Both members were presented with hand-made quilts in recognition of their service. Prospective new board members were welcomed.
• The continued expansion of Threshold’s programs was referenced including the upcoming opening of “Threshold House” in Oak Bay and the possibility of future expansion to the West Shore.
MOTION (M/S David Lefsrud/Devona Harlow) that the “President’s Report” be accepted as presented. CARRIED.
6. TREASURER’S REPORT – Treasurer, Karen Blakely
– A written report from the Treasurer and the 2015/16 audited financial statements of the Society were circulated to the members with the notice of this meeting. Karen highlighted aspects of these documents including the following:
• The audit of the financial statements were completed by independent auditors, Dickson Dusanj & Wirk Chartered Professional Accountants, and were released without qualification. It is expected those statements will be posted on Threshold’s website in the next couple of weeks.
• Threshold’s finances continue to be in a healthy and stable position. Threshold had an operating deficit of $23,070 in 2015/16 but $16,299 of that was an unrealized market loss. Threshold’s total net assets remain in excess of $1.5 million. MOTION (M/S Carol Martin/Mary-Clare Carder) that the Society’s 2015/16 audited financial statements be accepted as presented. CARRIED.