Housing and Fundraising Relations Assistant – FT
Work with Greater Victoria’s vulnerable youth on their path to independence! Threshold Housing Society is committed to creating a safe and stable home environment for our community’s youth at-risk for homelessness by offering acceptance, transitional housing, life skills, and opportunities to realize their potential.
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to work in our main office doing a varied and dynamic role. This job would place you in the operational hub of the organization assisting with day-to-day operations, communications and fundraising.
- Maintain relationships with landlords, property managers and agencies in the city that support youth in their quest for housing;
- Support youth in move-in/move-out transitions and all aspects of learning to be a model tenant;
- Liaise with community and government agencies to build support networks for youth in the community;
- Assist in planning and executing fundraising events and activities.
- Design material (brochures, cards, newspaper ads, newsletters, etc.) for fundraising and awareness raising purposes;
- Maintain THS presence on social media (Twitter/Face Book) and keep THS website up to date;
- Track and keep records for youth in THS programs;
- Maintain and update forms, templates and spreadsheets to assist in tracking data across programs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrated proficiency in office operations and staff support;
- Experience and track record in fundraising;
- Experience working within a non-profit setting – especially with youth and marginalized populations
- Above average computer skills with regard to software employment (including but exclusive to Excel, Outlook, Word, Quick Books, HIFIS, HSS, SharePoint) and computer troubleshooting;
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress;
- Advanced understanding of social media as a tool to get the word out there;
- Knowledge of MCFD and community resources for children, youth and families;
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol misuse, mental health and behavioral issues; Occupational First Aid, Level 1; ASIST; and NVCI would be an asset.
Why Work for Threshold Housing?
Our organization is the largest youth housing provider on Vancouver Island. We are part of the upstream solution for adult homelessness in this time of diminishing support and housing challenges for vulnerable populations. Our clients are seeking stability and the opportunity (often for the first time) to pursue their goals and dreams in a safe, accepting, supporting environment.
The team you will be working with is a tightly knit group of compassionate professionals. We value communication, connection, and respect to each other, the outside community, and the youth we serve.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours: Full time (35 hours per week). Actual hours are flexible and changing and can include evening and weekend work.
- Wage: TBD based on experience + a generous benefits package
- Location: a cozy office in Fairfield
- Closing: April 17th, 2017 at midnight
- Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.