Come work with us!
We are seeking an enthusiastic, fun-loving and collaborative team member. Your role would be to assist youth in meeting their goals through active case management, support and community advocacy. You are organized, knowledgeable about resources for youth and have experience working in homelessness.
- Work directly with youth to develop, modify and track goals.
- Actively advocate for youth and assist them in the development of self-advocacy skills. Liaise with other agencies, professionals, ministry staff and the community to support youth to make change in their own lives.
- Actively ensure that youth are engaged and connected to THS programming and supports. Assist youth in accessing outside services.
- Work with other THS staff to ensure that youth are receiving the support, skills and programming they need.
- Provide immediate response and management of crisis situations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A relevant degree such as Social Work, Child & Youth Care or a related field
- 2-3 years’ experience working with vulnerable youth and homelessness
- Advanced knowledge of case management principles and a track record of maintaining excellent client records.
- ASIST, NVCI, and Emergency 1st Aid training.
- BC class 5 driver’s license. Class 4 is a huge bonus. A clean drivers abstract must be provided.
This role is 37.5 hours per week. Actual hours are flexible and changing and often include evenings to meet with youth who are engaged in full time employment or school.
If this job appeals to you, please apply before November 9th at 5pm with your resume AND a cover letter that outlines your skills, background and how you are a fit for the role. Please note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Go to all jobs